ALEXANDER V. KAMMEL, was born 1960 in Vienna, AUSTRIA.
EDUCATION 1979 -1984 University of economics Vienna (not finished), 1979 BACCALAUREAT GENERAL (French general qualification for university entrance) and Austrian general qualification for university entrance 1966 – 1979 Lycée Français de Vienne, Vienna CAREER since 1990 Österreichisches Filmservice, 1040 Vienna, Austria as Manager and Co-Owner since 1990 Editor in Chief of “Film+Video” quarterly magazine 1989 Co-founder of Filmservice International since 1985 Manager of DFS Filmservice, Germany 1979 Co-Founder of DFS Filmservice in Munich, Germany since 1986 Österreichisches Filmservice, 1040 Vienna, Austria as Assistant Manager 1982 until 1986WESTFILM Film & Videoproduktion, 1040 Vienna, Austria as Assistant Producer.
• President of Filmservice International, an international network of informational film distributors in Europe and USA.
• Festivaldirector of the world’s largest automotive film and multimedia Festival, „AutoVision“ that takes place every two years on the occasion of the International Automobile Show (IAA) in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
• Festivaldirector of “Grand Prix Victoria” – the biggest informational film festival in the German speaking countries, taking place every two years in Vienna, Austria.
• Director of the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals (CIFFT) which includes the most important tourism film festivals around the world (Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Karlovy Vary)
• Festivaldirector of the “Festival of Festivals” which awards the Grand Prix CIFFT for the worldbest tourism film in Vienna.
• Festivaldirector of the Cannes Corporate Media & TV Award in Cannes, France.
• Organizer of the Austrian “Staatspreis Wirtschaftsfilm” the State Award for Corporate Films, held every two years on the initiative of the Austrian Ministry of Commerce, Juveniles and Family.
• Jury member in Karlovy Vary, Biarritz, Deauville, Poitiers, Tarbes, Le Creusot, Targoviste, Los Angeles, Zlatibor, Bratislava, Veliky Novgorod, New York, Florianopolis (Brazil), Austria 9 Shorts and many more.
• Voted as the vice-spokesperson of the Austrian film producers for informational and documentary films within the professional association of film and Musicproducers at the Austrian Chamber of Commerce.
• Honorary President of the Polish Tourfilm Academy (Warsaw, Poland).
• President of the Österreichisches Filmarchiv für audiovisuelle Medien aus Wirtschaft, Bildung und Kultur (Austrian Filmarchives for corporate, educational and cultural audiovisual medias)
• Senior Advisor to the US. International Film & Video Festival, Los Angeles
• Judge at the higher regional court of appeals
• Judge at the Austrian labor court. MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS
•IQ International Quorum of motion picture producer
•IAA International Advertising Association
•PRVA Austrian Public Relation Association